Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2014 19:45:00 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Cygwin

Jim,

Trying to build 1.8.0-jumbo-1 on older Cygwin (same as I had used for
official builds of 1.7.9-jumbo-5) results in these warnings:

jumbo.c: In function `fseeko64':
jumbo.c:212:4: warning: implicit declaration of function `GetFileSizeEx'
jumbo.c:212:4: warning: implicit declaration of function `_get_osfhandle'

symlink.c: In function `main':
symlink.c:42:2: warning: passing argument 2 of `execv' from incompatible pointer type
/usr/include/process.h:15:5: note: expected `char * const*' but argument is of type `const char **'

and linking fails on not finding _GetFileSizeEx.

To get this to build for my testing, I commented out line 212 in
jumbo.c, but obviously I am not going to release binaries built in this
way.  Can you propose a fix, please?  Other than updating Cygwin.

Alexander