Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 15:55:22 -0500
From: Matt Weir <cweir@...edu>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Crack 5.0's RULE_RESTART '*'

Side note, I would love a flag that sets a ruleset to be interpreted with
hashcat syntax. There's a lot of hashcat rules posted around that would be
nice to occasionally throw into JtR.

Matt

On Fri, Dec 12, 2014 at 3:49 PM, Frank Dittrich <frank.dittrich@...lbox.org>
wrote:

> On 12/12/2014 11:33 AM, magnum wrote:
> > On 2014-12-12 04:12, Solar Designer wrote:
> >> *hashcat compat is of more practical relevance now, even though Crack
> >> was first to use this command character.
> >
> > Hashcat also has +N and -N which I implemented but never committed
> > (http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-users/2013/09/22/10) because they
> > clash with Single mode concat, and rule reject.
>
> When was the last time you checked hashcat for additional commands?
> Do we need to consider InsidePro as well?
> IIRC, there are already some incompatible deviations.
> Should the differences between John The Ripper, hashcat and InsidePro at
> least be documented somewhere?
>
> Frank

Content of type "text/html" skipped