Date: Fri, 31 Oct 2014 17:21:36 +0300
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: descrypt speed

On Fri, Oct 31, 2014 at 06:58:20PM +0530, Sayantan Datta wrote:
> We're transferring around 1.1MB to the GPU with every kernel call.

How many candidate passwords does this correspond to?  Also, is this
single kernel call applied to all loaded salts at once (already in GPU
memory)?  Sorry I don't recall this detail.

Oh, I just realized magnum and Royce never mentioned the loaded hash and
salt counts, just the c/s rate.  So it was a meaningless comparison!
This explains it.

Alexander