Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 18:15:56 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: Re: Restart work on mask mode

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 1:38 PM, Albert Veli <albert.veli@...il.com> wrote:

> Hi! What is the current syntax for mask mode and is it possible to
> combine words from a wordlist with mask mode?
>
> I saw an example in an old post that looked like this
> --wordlist=list.lst --mask=?w?d?d?d?d
>
> I guess this takes each word (?w) and appends the ?d?d?d?d mask. Does
> this "hybrid" work with the new mask mode?

The new mask mode does not support the aforementioned feature yet. We're
are in the process of debugging the basic mask mode and once it is done,
we'll move on to supporting other exotic features. The new mask mode is
basically a faster version of the older mask mode, minus some
functionalities.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped