Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 17:49:04 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Jumbo Bleeding Build Issue - MacOS X

On 2014-06-03 15:18, Erik Winkler wrote:
> Trying to build latest bleeding jumbo downloaded from GitHub, but I am getting a failure on the following with configure:
>
> checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no
> configure: error: in `src':
> configure: error: JtR requires libssl being installed
> See `config.log' for more details
>

> I have the latest OpenSSL installed, so I don’t understand what this check is doing and why it is failing.

Is this a new problem or did you not try autoconf before?

It means the configure script doesn't find OpenSSL (we are supposed to
check in all places that the legacy Makefile does, and more). Try
installing pkg-config, that is the easiest fix (hopefully). Failing that
you need to tell configure where the OpenSSL stuff is, see "./configure
--help"

But if this is an ordinary OSX system, it should just work.

magnum