Date: Sun, 11 May 2014 9:29:03 -0400
From:  <jfoug@....net>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
Subject: Re: Bad formats, and some ideas on helping in this area

This all sounds great. I have not tested it yet, but when I get back onto finishing up the BE stuff, I will use it.  Yes, this really does come from our BE cleanup stuff. That is worse than going to the dentist.  I think this will help get past this tough time.  When there are 15 formats that have to be commented out, just to get  to the 'end' of a -test=0, it was taking a LOT of build/fix/run.../build/fix/run before that could be complete.  Now, a single build can run, then simply add a 1 line comment on the crash, and get past it.  Much quicker to get a usable testing setup, and then simply start setting them from Y to N when you think the format is ready for testing.