Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2014 21:11:35 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: proof of concept converter of rexgen-like syntax into
 john rules

On 2014-04-15 12:43, Aleksey Cherepanov wrote:
> BTW should -i affect \0?

That could result in a huge amount of rules after pp but it could be
very useful at times.

One side effect when working with this is it makes me want a sed2rules
generator too, perhaps even in combination with rexgen ;-)  This would
finally solve the "complex leet permutations" problem (like "replace any
of [aA] with any of [aA4@] *and* any of [eE] with any of [eE3] *and* any
of ...").

Another idea is to support the single mode words '1' and '2' in some
clever way (I think you do not yet) - and just how should we do that?.

magnum