Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 11:59:54 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: GSOC 2014

Hi,

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 09:20:17PM +0500, Muhammad Junaid Muzammil wrote:
> I came to know that the mentor application for GSOC 2014 has started. So I
> would like to know that whether OpenWall is interested in applying this
> year?

After much consideration, we have decided not to apply for GSoC this
year.  There are many factors to that decision, mostly internal to
Openwall.  We might be back to GSoC in 2015 or 2016.

GSoC is a great program, and it's a pity to skip this anniversary year,
but like I said it's just the right choice for Openwall this time.

If you're interested in participating in GSoC this year, please consider
applying to one or a few of the many other orgs that will be in GSoC -
we all will find out soon which ones those are.  A particularly relevant
project is Nmap.

Alexander