Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2014 04:13:07 -0800 (PST)
From: deepika <anamikaspace@...oo.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: General question: Motivation to contribute

Hi all,

My name is Deepika and I have contributed to JTR by bitslicing MSCHAPv2 format and I am ready to work on bitslicing other formats too. I learned SIMD programming using SSE2/XMM instruction sets while working here. Since I am an employed person, I am not very active here, though I read the john-dev and john-users list almost daily. I would like to keep volunteering for JTR.

I just wanted to know in what ways I can make my contribution to JTR's development beneficial to me? Other than aiding to my knowledge and experience, what other benefits can I get from it? Maybe someone can tell about his/her personal experience. My sole purpose of asking this question is to keep myself motivated to work here and is not meant to offend anyone.

Regards,
Deepika
[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]