Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:22:07 +0100
From: Frank Dittrich <frank_dittrich@...mail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA multi-device support

On 01/07/2014 06:44 AM, magnum wrote:
> stage a hunk at a time as
> opposed to a blind "git add -a ."

I forgot to mention in my other reply: "a hunk at a time" should still
be something that works as is. As a minimum requirement, it should still
compile, and not cause build errors.

I'm all for committing small individual steps of work, using individual
commits for unrelated changes. (i.e., not combining fixes for separate
bugs into one commit).
This will make it easier for others to figure out which change was
supposed to fix a certain bug, add a certain feature, etc.
It will also make it easier to revert a small change that was
problematic, instead of reverting a commit that changed thousands of
lines of code across multiple source files.

But build failures in individual commits will make bisecting a bug harder.

Frank