Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2014 11:35:00 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: CUDA multi-device support

On 2014-01-07 10:11, Frank Dittrich wrote:
> On 01/07/2014 06:44 AM, magnum wrote:
>> and always review things like PRs,
>
> Yes, there should just be your own few commits.
> And if you notice unrelated changes in them, you might want to "git
> rebase" first.

That may solve it, or make a mess of your changes. The real problem was
that you staged changes that wasn't yours. I think it's safer to say
that if you see unrelated changes in your commit you should "git reset
--soft" back and redo it right. Or just fire up git-gui, tick amend and
remove the bad stuff.

Note that it's normally not a problem if the branch you request to pull
is lacking the newest commits in my repo. You don't need to rebase
unless the newer commits actually clashes because your branch sat for a
while and got stale, like Sayantan's bleeding-mask branch.

magnum