Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2013 20:52:12 +0500
From: Muhammad Junaid Muzammil <mjunaidmuzammil@...il.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: John-dev over GPUs

Hello,

I have added multi CUDA device option parsing to option.c and cu_common.h.
Currently, I am parsing at most 2 CUDA devices.

I haven't written the test cases for this functionality yet. I couldn't
find any documentation pertaining to unit tests. Is there any such
documentation?

Junaid

On Wed, Dec 11, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Muhammad Junaid Muzammil <
mjunaidmuzammil@...il.com <javascript:_e({}, 'cvml',
'mjunaidmuzammil@...il.com');>> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the information. I'll come back to you shortly after going
> through the code and documentation.
>
> Regards,
> Junaid
>

> On Tuesday, December 10, 2013, magnum wrote:
>
>> On 2013-12-10 15:59, Muhammad Junaid Muzammil wrote:
>>
>>> This is Junaid here. I am a newbie to to mailing list. I am pretty much
>>> interested in contributing for the john, the ripper specifically in the
>>> GPU
>>> computation domain. I do have some experience in working over GPUs using
>>> CUDA. I am unable to find any bug tracker list for john, the ripper. Any
>>> help from your side?
>>>

>> Welcome. We do have some CUDA core needs, eg. option parsing and format
>> support for using multiple CUDA devices.
>>
>> The semi-official repo is here:
>> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper
>> and currently the bleeding-jumbo branch (which is not the default) is
>> what you should use and write code for. We use GitHub issues as a crude bug
>> tracker, here:
>> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues
>>
>> Writing formats you should also have a look at the Test Suite:
>> https://github.com/magnumripper/jtrTestSuite
>>
>> magnum

Content of type "text/html" skipped