Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2013 01:11:13 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Energy-efficient bcrypt cracking

Hi Lukas,

On Tue, Dec 03, 2013 at 10:03:50PM +0100, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> first of all congratulations for the presentation
> .
> I've got two questions to slides. Are you sure your power estimations
> for gpus are correct? What metodology did you use? Values for gpu's
> looks a bit too small for me. Especially when "device power estimate"
> is less than "iddle to load delta". It looks like it does not include
> some iddle load which may be revelant, or this value is defined in
> some other way.

Can you re-ask this question in reply to my original posting on
john-users, please?  This is not JtR development (as in: source code),
this is closer to being a JtR usage topic (power consumption by a GPU
running JtR's bcrypt-opencl).

To remind you, john-dev was created to move discussions of JtR source
code off john-users, because such discussions were of no use/confusing
to john-users subscribers who are not familiar with C programming.
Most other topics belong on john-users, I think.

Thanks,

Alexander