Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 08:49:58 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: md5crypt-opencl

On 2013-11-25 08:44, Lukas Odzioba wrote:
> 2013/11/25 magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>:
>> The attached patch works and is faster, but it can be made much better.
>
> I'll take a look on it later today, what c/s you are getting now?

It fluctuates because we need to tweak the auto enumeration, and I'm
just on my laptop now. But it's definitely faster and it should be even
more difference when the bit-wacking PUTCHAR macro is used (and avoided).

BTW maybe a "#pragma unroll 42" could do wonders on some platforms? It
doesn't seem to make any difference here (OSX/nvidia) though.

magnum