Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 02:30:39 +0100
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: "john-dev@...ts.openwall.com" <john-dev@...ts.openwall.com>
Subject: mscash2-opencl false positives

Sayantan,

Speaking of false positives (shrug), I just found one in mscash2-opencl
with the Test Suite. Any hash with a salt length of exactly 22 would
fail and there was no test vector with that length (in hindsight there
should have been one due to what happens at that length).

The off-by-one bug was introduced a month ago in e3289d3. Running the
Test Suite is a very Good Idea[tm] after making big changes like that. I
just happened to run it after making minor changes in the CUDA version
of same format.

Fixed now, in 42f7a9d. I also added a test vector.

magnum