Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 12:30:23 +0100
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard: bcrypt

On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 6:48 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Nov 06, 2013 at 12:45:28PM +0100, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> > On Tue, Nov 5, 2013 at 11:22 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > Are these numbers for one core (two instances of bcrypt)?  Ouch.
> >
> > Yes, that is correct. I tried to reduce initialization code but it didn't
> > help much - LUT: 39%, Slice: 63%
>
> Can you identify what most LUTs are used for?  In fact, can you answer
> the same question also for your older one-instance-per-core code?

I can't tell exactly because nets are renamed during implementation so for
most of them I don't know from which part of code they come.

This is for one-instance-per-core, only one core:
In LUTs.png - bcrypt is green, AXI buses are pink, BRAM controller is
yellow and CDMA is red.
In LUTs_bcrypt.png - arbiter is yellow, bcrypt loop is green

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "LUTs.png" of type "image/png" (58966 bytes)

Download attachment "LUTs_bcrypt.png" of type "image/png" (56257 bytes)