Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 19:50:43 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daniel's reports #13, #14

On 24 sep 2013, at 16:45, Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com> wrote:
> 2013/9/24 Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
>> 2013/9/23 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>:
>> > Now I'm almost done with the OpenCL implementation, except I get "FAILED
>> > (cmp_one(6))". The two hashes not matching are 872d6c8b and 5ff8c745.
>>
>> Could you please move current code to your public
>> JohnTheRipper:bleeding-jumbo repository on github and keep it updated?
>
> Okay, I pushed the current code to the repository.
> Currently I don't have any ideas about why the check fails.

You announce a PLAINTEXT_LENGTH of 55 although you only support exactly 8. The set_key() you use "packs" keys (no trailing nor padding zeros) which is a very good idea but your kernel does not really unpack them. As long as all test vectors are exactly length 8 it might not be a problem but if I were you I would fix this before debugging further. For example, there are max-length self-tests going on that will be using length 55 as it is now. From a quick glance this should not break things in this case but who knows.

magnum