Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 00:11:04 +0100
From: Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Daniel's reports #13, #14

Hello!

I'm sorry for not writing status reports lately. I now realize it might
have looked like I didn't care about my project. I was really ashamed about
not making any progress/not having sufficient time.

I know I failed, but I will be trying to get the CRC32 kernel working with
gcnasm.

Right now I'm trying to set up a format for it within john, but when I
change the ciphertext length it fails.

Here is the current version:
https://gist.github.com/balidani/079634dae9b993fa6f8b
With this test kernel:
https://gist.github.com/balidani/13f8520b0bcbfdf2584b

CRC32 will only have 8 as ciphertext length, but even with 16 it fails. I
get the error:
"FAILED (get_hash[4](0))" - but when I print what the corresponding hash is
it's 0xaaaaaaaa as expected.

I'll try to debug this and get it working with 8 as the ciphertext length.
After that I will have to create a mechanism that generates the binary and
patches the assembly into it before trying to run the format.

Regards,
Daniel

Content of type "text/html" skipped