Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 00:09:30 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 11:06 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> In dmesg, there are lots of instances of:
>
> Switching to clocksource jiffies
> Switching to clocksource xttcpss_timer1
> Switching to clocksource jiffies
> Switching to clocksource xttcpss_timer1
>
> ... and more of these keep appearing now.  This might or might not be
> relevant.

These should be PS clocksources so bitstream shouldn't have any influence
on them. But maybe this output is result of some other problem triggered by
PL. I don't know what is the difference between these two clocksources but
from http://zedboard.org/content/zedboard-bring it seems that
xttcpss_timer1 should be used.

In the meantime I tried using 150 MHz clock and it succeeded. Performance
is now 27.7 c/s but bcrypt-parallella format doesn't work.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped