Date: Sun, 15 Sep 2013 03:34:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: ZedBoard / Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 03:27:19AM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> 3. bcrypt.bit.bin doesn't include(?) Epiphany support, right?  At least
> my attempt to use format bcrypt-parallella failed (the john process was
> stuck at 100% host CPU, presumably waiting for Epiphany), until I loaded
> the Parallella project provided bitstream back.  Can the Epiphany
> support be re-added without too much cost in FPGA resource utilization?

Does including the Parallella stuff in your ISE project result in much
slower synthesis (and how much slower)?  If so, it may in fact be
reasonable for you to continue with bcrypt-only bitstreams currently,
re-adding the Parallella stuff later.

When you upload stuff to the wiki, please include tarballs of your ISE
projects (along with ISE version info) - to enable someone else to start
experimenting with this easily and quickly.

Thanks,

Alexander