Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 03:38:45 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Katja's weekly report #13

Katja,

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 10:48:59PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> Accomplishments:
> 1. Verilog bcrypt implementation produces correct results for all test
> vectors

Great!

> Priorities:
> 1. Replace waiting using usleep() with proper done signal
> 2. Integrate with JtR
> 3. Optimize

This looks good to me, but can you please add:

4. Try to figure out why the bcrypt test on 64-core Epiphany failed, and
try to get it to work.

As to how you may approach that problem: try using just 1 core on that
system first, then 2, then 4, and so on until it fails... that way, you
might at least obtain some hints as to what the problem might or might
not be.  If you have other/better ideas, try those as well.

Alexander