Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 18:44:07 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: new format parameter patch for bleeding-jumbo

On Sun, Sep 1, 2013 at 5:09 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> I think we should stop and think for a minute first. Why not just use a
> global variable instead? All formats initially set this to zero, even your
> mask-enabled ones - so what good does this in the format struct?

Yes, for now it does nothing. But I will post a patch for bleeding-mask
that will do initial processing of mask during format initialization, at
least that is the plan. This will help us in future to write a self test
for mask mode. Also I think initial processing of mask should be done
during format initialization, not before cracking.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped