Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 02:30:01 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> One thing that doesn't work is Parallella's matmul example (new,
> recently revised for the new eSDK).  It just waits after "GO".
> I thought that it'd work once I load Parallella's new bitstream (the
> July 2013 revision, which this same matmul example worked with before
> rebooting with your files), but no - while I am able to load that
> bitstream on the live system fine, the matmul example still waits after
> "GO", and bcrypt still works.  This is slightly annoying, but it's no
> big deal for your experiments with bcrypt in FPGA, nor for Rafael's
> cgminer work.  (We're not using DMA with Epiphany yet.)

So, are you using the latest official bitstream, or the modified one, when
you get matmul to freeze?

When matmul freezes, does it crash the system, or can you stop it by Ctrl-C
?

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.