Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 11:32:20 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Katja's weekly report #11

Hi Yaniv,

On Tue, Aug 27, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com> wrote:

> I tried searching through past email but could not locate the specific
> issue. Can you please summarize the problem?

In some relatively rare cases, few hashes aren't cracked. It happens
because data in shared buffer isn't correct when Epiphany reads the shared
buffer. It seems that host reads correct data while Epiphany doesn't. These
are relevant posts:

http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/08/18/12
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/08/20/1
http://www.openwall.com/lists/john-dev/2013/08/20/2