Date: Mon, 26 Aug 2013 02:34:13 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Katja,

On Sun, Aug 25, 2013 at 11:08:11PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> In my home directory there are files for SD card I created using white
> papers from parallella. Device tree in that directory supports only PS
> peripherals.

Oh, I must have forgotten you had prepared these.

I just took your files:

-rw-rw-r-- 1 kmalvoni kmalvoni 4362112 2013-08-12 20:22 BOOT.bin
-rwxrwxr-x 1 kmalvoni kmalvoni    6901 2013-08-12 20:22 devicetree.dtb
-rwxrwxr-x 1 kmalvoni kmalvoni 2881504 2013-08-12 20:23 uImage

and booted the system with them.  Surprisingly, this just worked. ;-)

Your bcrypt on Epiphany code works fine with this, and I am able to load
the bitstream files that you had previously provided, via /dev/xdevcfg
without crashing the system now.  (Those same files that crashed the
system before.)

One thing that doesn't work is Parallella's matmul example (new,
recently revised for the new eSDK).  It just waits after "GO".
I thought that it'd work once I load Parallella's new bitstream (the
July 2013 revision, which this same matmul example worked with before
rebooting with your files), but no - while I am able to load that
bitstream on the live system fine, the matmul example still waits after
"GO", and bcrypt still works.  This is slightly annoying, but it's no
big deal for your experiments with bcrypt in FPGA, nor for Rafael's
cgminer work.  (We're not using DMA with Epiphany yet.)

So I think that your further work on bcrypt in FPGA is unblocked now.
Correct?

Alexander