Date: Sun, 25 Aug 2013 14:01:28 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <246tnt@...il.com>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Hi Alexander, Sylvain

I tried generating bitstream with HDMI support, it fails with these errors:
ERROR:PhysDesignRules:1385 - Issue with pin connections and/or
configuration on

block:<system_stub/system_i/axi_iic_0/axi_iic_0/X_IIC/FILTER_I/SCL_DEBOUNCE/M
   shreg_Noisy_d2>:<LUT_OR_MEM6>.  For RAMMODE programming set with DPRAM32
or
   SPRAM32 or SRL16 the DI2 input pin must be connected.
ERROR:PhysDesignRules:1385 - Issue with pin connections and/or
configuration on

block:<system_stub/system_i/axi_iic_0/axi_iic_0/X_IIC/FILTER_I/SDA_DEBOUNCE/M
   shreg_Noisy_d2>:<LUT_OR_MEM6>.  For RAMMODE programming set with DPRAM32
or
   SPRAM32 or SRL16 the DI2 input pin must be connected.
ERROR:Bitgen:25 - DRC detected 2 errors and 58 warnings.  Please see the
   previously displayed individual error or warning messages for more
details.

I was hoping that HDMI is the only thing not supported with
http://www.adapteva.com/white-papers/parallella-platform-reference-design/

There are only two pins for axi_iic:
NET iic_scl         LOC = AA18 | IOSTANDARD="LVCMOS25";
NET iic_sda         LOC = Y16  | IOSTANDARD="LVCMOS25";
and these aren't ones mentioned in the error.
I don't know how to solve this and I lost internet access - there was a
thunderstorm and lighting struck my house, router is one of the things
which don't work.

I implemented bcrypt's most costly loop in verilog (not tested) and I have
implementation of S box transfer (at the moment without DMA, just using
mmap and memcpy) from CPU to block RAM (I'm still not sure how to implement
communication from PL to CPU). I need to modify verilog implementation
depending on PS/PL communication. And unfortunately, only way I can test
communication is by executing it. I see two possibilities which could
result with us being able to replace bitstream - one is replacing boot
image with Sylvain's files and another one (if HDMI really is the only not
supported peripheral) is generating bitstream with HDMI support.

Katja

[ CONTENT OF TYPE text/html SKIPPED ]