Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 14:48:36 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Rafael,

On Thu, Aug 22, 2013 at 01:33:34PM +0400, Solar Designer wrote:
> I ran build.sh now, and cgminer works like you've shown above for about
> one minute, then segfaults (I ran it twice so far, same result):
[...]
> Segmentation fault1.031Kh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
> root@...aro-ubuntu-desktop:~/LordRafa/cgminer-build#
>
> I had to explicitly switch to root to see the segfault message.  When
> running via the run.sh script, cgminer appears to terminate on its own
> (the segfault message is somehow suppressed).
>
> Do you see the same problem?
>
> My guess is that the segfault might be happening whenever the first
> share is found... although 1 minute to find 1 share may be too little
> time at this low speed.

I am now running it with ncurses interface, and it's been running for
40+ minutes with no shares (neither accepted nor rejected), and it did
not segfault yet.  Maybe I was extremely lucky to have it find a share
in just 1 minute or so (twice) before, or maybe the ncurses interface
makes some problem (unrelated to finding a share) go away.

We need to do some GPU runs and then calculate the expected time to find
a share on Epiphany at the current super low speed (I am getting 1027 h/s
average for these 40+ minutes).

Alexander