Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 22:16:30 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Hello Alexaner,

2013/8/22 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> You're right, I did not.  I thought configure and make would take care
> of that, especially given that your changes to configure looked like
> they're specific to Parallella (that is, they're not acceptable upstream).

Well I was checking how to compile with autotools to binaries with just one
make call but I didn't find any way to do it. Of course I need to find a
solution to get an acceptable upstream release.

I ran build.sh now, and cgminer works like you've shown above for about

solar@...aro-ubuntu-desktop:~/LordRafa/cgminer-build$ sudo -E
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${ELIBS} EPIPHANY_HDF=${EHDF} bash
> root@...aro-ubuntu-desktop:~/LordRafa/cgminer-build# ./cgminer -o
> http://ltc.kattare.com:9332 --scrypt -u lordrafa.1 -p 123456 -T
>  [2013-08-22 09:25:47] Started cgminer 3.3.1
>  [2013-08-22 09:25:48] Probing for an alive pool
>  [2013-08-22 09:25:49] Network diff set to 56.9M
>  [2013-08-22 09:25:49] Long-polling activated for
> http://ltc.kattare.com:9332/LP
> Segmentation fault1.031Kh/s | A:0  R:0  HW:0  WU:0.0/m
> root@...aro-ubuntu-desktop:~/LordRafa/cgminer-build#
>
> I had to explicitly switch to root to see the segfault message.  When
> running via the run.sh script, cgminer appears to terminate on its own
> (the segfault message is somehow suppressed).
>
> Do you see the same problem?
>
> My guess is that the segfault might be happening whenever the first
> share is found... although 1 minute to find 1 share may be too little
> time at this low speed.
>
> Anyhow, you need to test with long enough runs that the pool's accepted
> share count would be non-zero (and rejected zero).

Yes after a couple of minutes ruining with run.sh I got this segfault. I
will check it carefully.

Regards,
Rafael.

Content of type "text/html" skipped