Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 14:09:59 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daniel's weekly report #10

Daniel,

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 12:41:18AM +0200, D?niel Bali wrote:
> 2. Found a way to use cpp pre-processor for #defines and other macros
> Here is the script:
> https://github.com/balidani/gcnasm/blob/master/tools/assemble.sh
> Solar, I suppose you meant something different.

No, I actually meant something like what you did, although you should be
able to avoid most temporary files by using pipes more.  Also, you may
be able to invoke cpp (with pipes pre-opened on its fd 0 and 1) from
inside gcnasm when the input filename has the .S suffix.

For the temporary files, if you do use them, perhaps include the PID in
the filenames ("$$" in shell).  Otherwise concurrent invocations (such
as when building multiple GCN ISA source files from the same Makefile)
would fail.  (In a sense, it'd be a nice issue to have... meaning that
we're actually using this stuff.)

Alexander