Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 22:03:11 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Daniel's weekly report #10

2013/8/20 Dániel Bali <balijanosdaniel@...il.com>:
> 1b. Changed the OpenCL code to a minimalistic example. Changing one bit of
> this code results in a lack of LDS usage.

I don't buy it, what did you try to change?

> 2. Found a way to use cpp pre-processor for #defines and other macros
> Here is the script:
> https://github.com/balidani/gcnasm/blob/master/tools/assemble.sh
> Solar, I suppose you meant something different. I looked at the file
> https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/blob/bleeding-jumbo/src/x86.S
> that you mention in the thread where we talked about it (weekly report #7),
> but I'm not sure what you mean here.

Ok, that's one solution - it should be enough for now.
I guess the other one would be defining similar sections in Makefile for gcnasm.
solaris-x86.o: x86.S
$(CPP) $(CPPFLAGS) -P -DDUMBAS x86.S | $(TR) \; \\n > tmp.s
$(AS) $(ASFLAGS) tmp.s -o solaris-x86.o
$(RM) tmp.s

> 3. Tried to write a dummy that uses 64-bit unsigned integer buffers, but
> something went wrong with the patching. I will work on that.

What's the current status of that?

Lukas