Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:28:46 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hi Alexander,

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Are you making any progress (and what kind of progress) on bcrypt in
> Zynq FPGA?

I lost some time on trying to figure out how to do AXI BFM simulation -
when I finally got to simulation itself I couldn't do it because AXI BFM IP
requires specific AXI BFM licence which I don't have.
I managed to add block ram to Parallella system and I'm able to generate
bitstream but I'm not able to test it until we are able to replace
bitstream on zed system without Linux crash.
Also, I find implementing communication between PS and PL tricky - there is
much documentation, almost no examples (or I'm trying to find them on wrong
places) and the biggest problem is that it can't be simulated. I'm not sure
how should I continue with this task. Choose what seems to be simplest
approach and implement it or explore all possibilities and choose what
seems to be the most optimal one? And what about testing? I'll do my best
to have correct bitstreams but I think that often it won't be the case.

Have you tried replacing contents of SD card on zed system with those I
generated following
http://www.adapteva.com/white-papers/building-linux-for-parallella-platform/(or
with ones Sylvain provided)? Sylvain said that device tree I used is
implemented in PS so everything should be supported and Linux shouldn't
crash (I believe that this is true for Sylvain's files as well).

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped