Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 03:39:02 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hi Katja,

On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 11:28:11PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> these are results of tests on both boards. 20 test cases (both boards used
> the same set), 3000 random strings, 1000 hashes, each test takes 20 - 21
> minutes.

Does this mean that each system spent about 400 minutes on these?

This only tells us that some problem is still present at least on "zed"
with the new bitstream.

I suggest that you use a smaller wordlist and a smaller list of hashes -
e.g., 64 of each (with every word actually cracking a password) - and do
many more invocations.  This will likely trigger the problem more
frequently (because more of the bcrypt computation results will actually
need to match a loaded hash).  Maybe you'll trigger it on the "embecosm"
system too.

Alexander