Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 14:54:27 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

On Tue, Aug 13, 2013 at 2:28 PM, Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com> wrote:

> IIRC, 0x00002c8e means that  the epiphany_start() {or is it
> norma_start()?} is at address 0x00000058 or so. Can you confirm this?

Yes, normal_start() is at address 0x00000058.

> When a core gets stuck, can you load another program on it, w/o first
> resetting the system (try a simple c=a+b program, but do not call any
> reset())?

I tried it, and I can load program on it. Host exits successfully but core
is stuck and nothing happens (if I use polling loop instead of sleep(1)
than host is stuck). a and b are transferred to shared dram, apart from
that I don't see any other change on Epiphany side. I checked registers,
same as before - PC is zero (0xf0444 is first non-zero with value
0x00002600).

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped