Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 22:40:36 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <>
Cc: Sylvain Munaut <>
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Hi Alexander,

On Sun, Aug 11, 2013 at 8:36 AM, Solar Designer <> wrote:

> At this point, it looks like we need either a more complete bitstream
> (including support for all of the same peripherals that Parallella has
> by default) or we have to be introducing our bitstream into BOOT.BIN.

I tried to find out which parts of Zedboard are in PL but so far I haven't
found anything. I only found couple of forum threads about Linux crash
after replacing bitstream but no solution. I generated all files from
This device tree is for headless system. Maybe we should try booting using
those files and than replacing bitstream? I think that this system supports
less peripherals than one shipped with Parallella.

Device tree for parallella is attached but I can't determine which
peripheral is missing in our bistream when I don't know which are
implemented in PS and which are in PL.

Content of type "text/html" skipped

Download attachment "zynq-zed.dts" of type "application/octet-stream" (9572 bytes)