Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 16:53:52 +0200
From: magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Bleeding-jumbo release (was: Busted OpenCL formats)

On 8 Aug, 2013, at 23:13 , Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:
> I still hope to release bleeding as 1.8.0-jumbo-1 in not too distant future

Here's the status as of 0d3eaa1:

The problematic patches from Sayantan now only exist in the bleeding-mask branch.

All Bleeding-jumbo issues known to me are listed in https://github.com/magnumripper/JohnTheRipper/issues

I just fixed a bunch of generic build problems/bugs seen on CommonCrypto systems. A generic build now only fails self-test for Dynamic_1300 (any system) and mscash2 (only CommonCrypto systems).

Other than that, the only definite release blockers if you ask me are a couple of OpenCL formats that should use a split kernel: pbkdf2-hmac-sha256-opencl and 7z-opencl. Both have kernel durations long enough to reboot my MacBook, and 7z even makes Bull reboot iirc. For a release, we can simply omit those formats, ie. move them to unused directory.

The unstable branch (as of 7dceaf7) is AOK as far as I know. There are some big endian issues but they are documented in doc/BUGS.

magnum