Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2013 03:14:26 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Hello,

2013/8/9 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> > The performance is 120h/s
>
> Awful.

Indeed, but finally I could decrease the TMTO up to 6 and now the
performance is ~1.150Kh/s. TMTO 5 fails, I need to check why.

> maybe it could be improved a little bit but there no too much memory left.
>
> Rafael, you should improve it a lot, and there got to be memory left for
> that.  What are you spending almost all local memory on?  Code?  If so,
> you may need to work on making the code more compact.  What does the
> "size" command on the Epiphany ELF file say?

size for TMTO 5 SCRATCHBUF_SIZE 26828 is
   7264    2584       8    9856    2680 epiphany-scrypt.elf

size for TMTO 6 SCRATCHBUF_SIZE 22464 is
   7264    2584       8    9856    2680 epiphany-scrypt.elf

size for TMTO 100 SCRATCHBUF_SIZE 1952 is
   7192    2584       8    9784    2638 epiphany-scrypt.elf

Is this a normal output? Why the only information is about text, data and
bss sections?.

Regards,
Rafael.

Content of type "text/html" skipped