Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 18:35:16 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #8

Rafael,

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 03:28:12PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas wrote:
> 2013/8/9 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
> > Please try, and then you'll need to proceed with changes that would
> > enable you to reduce it further, to 5 or 6.
>
> I think that I can use the linker script fast instead of internal to get
> more space in the internal memory. The difference between internal and fast
> is: fast places the standard library in the external memory.

Ideally, you should have no uses of any library functions in your
Epiphany code, so this would not matter.  Your code should do
computation only.

With bcrypt, we're using internal.ldf, but the only library function
we're getting linked in is memcpy(), which is tiny and affordable.  In
your case, since you have TMTO, you'll want to avoid even things like
memcpy(), in favor of your own special-case code (could be smaller).

> Zed return to me "ssh: connect to host zed.openwall.net port 5668:
> Connection refused" and the problem has started this morning (around 2
> hours ago).

Confirmed, corrected.  The network tunnel didn't come back up correctly
after a reboot.

Alexander