Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 14:49:39 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Rafael's weekly report #8

Hello,

2013/8/8 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> Is this working?  On one core or many?  Does it pass tests (and which)?
> What's the speed?  Where's the code?

Yes it's woking, on the 16 cores, I tested mi ephipany code using the
scrypt_1024_1_1_256_sp function and checking if the results was equal. The
speed is ~120h/s TMTO 100, I can make TMTO a little bit smaller but not to
much. BTW my driver should work on epiphany 64 with a little modification.
The code is submitted to my git repo

> It is not clear what you have done.  I guess you downgraded your working
> tree from a newer version to cgminer 3.10, but what do you have in that
> tree by now?  Is it working?  Does it run scrypt on Epiphany?

I just move the code to the master cgminer branch. I did that because maybe
we can propose to cKolivas add my epiphany driver to cgminer.

> "Buffer overflow" suggests that your scrypt on Epiphany is probably not
> working yet.  Correct?

It was a little bug that I add when I change the name of the driver from
"CPU" to ยท"EPIPHANY" because the name can't be longer tan 8 characters,
epiphany support was working before it and now.

> What's the current TMTO factor?  Is it somehow related to the "buffer
> overflow", or why did you list these as one item?

TMTO factor is 100  but hopefully it could be reduced up to ~20

> 2. Get information about the next task.
>
> Please provide a real report first.  This one was way too brief, leaving
> us all guessing as to the actual status of the project.

My apologies I think that now everything must be more clear.
BTW I'm experimenting problems to connect to Parallella ZED and Parallella
embecosm boards.

Best regards,
Rafael.

Content of type "text/html" skipped