Date: Thu, 8 Aug 2013 20:55:57 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Busted OpenCL formats

Hi,

On Thu, Aug 8, 2013 at 8:42 PM, magnum <john.magnum@...hmail.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure why this happens in bleeding though - the mask mode is not
> committed yet so how can index ever be > loaded_count?

I think during status checks, the call to get_key has index = 0 and
max_keys_per_crypt. While it is easy to detect index = max_keys_per_crypt ,
but for 0 it gets confused whether 0 is for cracked password or just for a
status check. It is possible to detect 0 for status check based on the fact
that if nothing is cracked it must be the status check.
But if something gets cracked and simultaneously we press status check it
will get confused.

Regards,
Sayantan

Content of type "text/html" skipped