Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2013 01:42:12 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: FPGA reprogramming on ZedBoard / Parallella board

Katja,

I've just tried loading ZedBoard's official bitstream and then the
original Parallella bitstream a couple of times on the booted up Linux
system - everything worked fine.  Then I tried loading your bitstream
again, and got the same problem again (no Ethernet, although the LEDs
behave like with the original Parallella bitstream).  Power-cycled.

Then I tried loading your wrong-size parallella16_prototype.bin (for the
first time).  I did not expect this to result in anything good, and it
did not: not only did I lose connectivity to the board, but also the
LEDs stopped doing their counter pattern.  Power-cycled again.

On Thu, Aug 08, 2013 at 11:23:25PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> But I don't see how would these two changes cause the change of bitstream.

I think it's mostly ISE version difference.  I think a slightly older
version (14.4?) was used to generate Parallella's bitstream.

Alexander