Date: Wed, 31 Jul 2013 14:06:05 +0530
From: Sayantan Datta <std2048@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: wordlist for mask mode

Hi,

On Wed, Jul 31, 2013 at 11:08 AM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Thus, what you probably want to do is change:
>
>         {"mask", FLG_MASK_SET, FLG_CRACKING_CHK,
>                 0, OPT_REQ_PARAM, OPT_FMT_STR_ALLOC, &options.mask},
>
> to:
>
>         {"mask", FLG_MASK_SET, FLG_MASK_CHK,
>                 0, OPT_REQ_PARAM, OPT_FMT_STR_ALLOC, &options.mask},

This allows ./john --wordlist --mask to be specified but not ./john --mask
--wordlist probably because FLG_CRACKING_CHK is present in FLG_MASK_SET and
in flg_clr of
{"wordlist", FLG_WORDLIST_SET, FLG_CRACKING_CHK,
0, 0, OPT_FMT_STR_ALLOC, &options.wordlist},

One thing I could do is remove FLG_CRACKING_CHK from FLG_MASK_SET, then it
would allow both combination.

Also mask mode needs to be higher in if-else ladder in john.c

Regards,
Sayantan

.

Content of type "text/html" skipped