Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2013 10:13:43 +0200
From: Lukas Odzioba <lukas.odzioba@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: phpass-opencl experiments

Just to let you know.
I played for a while with phpass-opencl code here are my remarks.

nv - Titan
amd - core 0 of 7990@...MHz

Current KPC is equal  2048*96:
amd: 1629K
nv:      876K

After I changed KPC to 2048*1024
amd:  1638K
nv      1015K

After applying attached patch:
amd:   1762K
nv:      1115K

Speed of my old code with hash comparision on gpu side with hash
"embedded" in salt, is 2125K on amd (nv - not tested).
With proper comparision on gpu side via kernel_cmp we probably will
not get so much improvement but it should help a bit.

I'll try to implement those changes after cmiyc, now I want to play
with md5crypt, because we could gain more there.
Of course I don't mind if someone else pick it up.

Lukas

Download attachment "phpass_FFtweak.diff" of type "application/octet-stream" (1373 bytes)