Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 18:30:06 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Amount of GPGPUs

Hi Marcus,

On Fri, Jul 26, 2013 at 01:20:13PM +0200, =?UTF-8?Q?marcus. desto?= wrote:
> Is it possible to run 4x (or more) Sandwitch GPUs (2 GPU per device) on one board (without crossfire oder sli them)?

As far as I'm aware (from others' experience, not my own), the answer is
"yes, 4x dual-GPU works (8 GPUs total), more than that usually does
not", but if you like to know more please bring this up on john-users.
This topic is less suitable for john-dev.  We did discuss some GPU
hardware setups in here recently, but that was in connection with our
new dev box (thus more relevant to john-dev).

Alexander