Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 23:26:48 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: Litecoin mining

Hello Yaniv,

2013/7/26 Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>

> Rafael,
>
> As a starting point, consider using (a) neighbor core(s) local memory to
> store parts of your big array. It is much faster to retrieve data from an
> on-chip memory than the external memory. Obviously, it means that you are
> either not going to use the adjacent core for processing in parallel, or
> you need to write the program in a way that core groups share the same data
> buffer(s) (I am not familiar with the algorithm so I don't know if "V"
> needs to be modified during the calculation).
>
> Yaniv.

V will be modified several times during the calculation and will need whole
32KB per core. Can I load the binary executable image in just one core
memory area and run it from the rest of the cores?

If we can do that the memory map will looks something like:

0-31K for V on first core
32-63K for V on second core
416-447K for V on fourteenth core
448-479K for V on fifteenth core

480-?? for binary executable image
??-??? for XY B first core.
??-??? for XY B fifteenth core.

With this approach only 15 of 16 cores can be used because there is no
memory for the sixteenth core.

Content of type "text/html" skipped