Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2013 19:39:34 -0400
From: Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Katja,

Can you clarify this: "If I compile with -O3 I get 979 c/s. But compiling
with -O3 has negative impact on e-gcc generated code, speed drops to 875
c/s. "

... so -O3 is better or worse?

Thanks.

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM, Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I made use of dual-issue, the speed I'm getting is 976 c/s when compiling
> Epiphany code with -O2. If I compile with -O3 I get 979 c/s. But compiling
> with -O3 has negative impact on e-gcc generated code, speed drops to 875
> c/s.
> Code is in https://github.com/kmalvoni/JohnTheRipper/tree/master
>
> I tried to crack BF_std.in, it cracked all passwords but I had to start it
> twice. First time it stuck somewhere and when it didn't start cracking I
> aborted it. I found it a bit strange, I'll look at it in more detail. It's
> not first time that it stuck but it happened a few times with assembly code
> that produced incorrect results (failed self test on get_hash[0](0)) so I
> didn't pay attention to it.
>
> Katja

Yaniv Sapir
Adapteva Inc.
1666 Massachusetts Ave, Suite 14
Lexington, MA 02420
Phone: (781)-328-0513 (x104)
Email: yaniv@...pteva.com
Web: www.adapteva.com
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail may contain information
that is confidential and proprietary to Adapteva, and Adapteva hereby
designates the information in this e-mail as confidential. The information
is
 intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you
are
copying,
distribution or use of any of the information contained in this
transmission is
strictly prohibited and that you should immediately destroy this e-mail and
its
contents and notify Adapteva.