Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 15:04:58 +0400
From: Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hi Katja,

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 12:09:33PM +0200, Katja Malvoni wrote:
> I moved all communication to shared memory and now it cracks BF_tst.in
> completely. I was using local memory locations which were overwritten with
> other data during bcrypt computation so some cores didn't have correct key
> and salt although correct data was transferred.
> Code is in https://github.com/kmalvoni/JohnTheRipper/tree/master

That's great news.  What speed are you getting now?

Can you also test using password.lst and
http://openwall.info/wiki/_media/john/pw-fake-unix.gz from
http://openwall.info/wiki/john/sample-hashes ?  Since password.lst
changed since that file was generated, not all hashes should get cracked -
please test on your desktop system first to know what the right number
of successful guesses is.

Thanks,

Alexander