Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 17:17:40 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 4:48 PM, Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com> wrote:

> Katja,
>
> Here are some other observations for your current code (as "stolen" from
> ~kmalvoni/integration/JohnTheRipper/):
>
> Somehow printing of the status line on keypress does not work when
> running the bcrypt-parallella format.  Why is that?  Can you fix it?

I don't know why it doesn't work, I just tried it on bcrypt format, doesn't
work as well. I'll check it.

> You're actively polling the Epiphany chip for results, thereby wasting
> one ARM core.  Are there good alternatives to this polling approach?

Results need to be copied from the shared buffer after cores signal done
and before new result is written to shared buffer. What might work is to do
the copying while computing bcrypt with new data. Although at the moment, I
don't have idea how to do this in practice.

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped