Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:05:53 +0200
From: marcus.desto <>
Subject: Re: AMD on Linux

I am running a AMD Radeon GPU (Cypress) on Linux with installed AMD SDK for OpenCL (latest version).
Now, when I am not logged in via GDM (when main X server is not running), there is no AMD GPU available, so all the computation will be done by CPU. When I am logged in via GDM (the main x server is running), the GPUs are available. So, Using SSH on the AMD GPU host is only possible, when someone is logged in into the system.
Is there a possibility to run opencl stuff without the xserver running?
Content of type "text/html" skipped