Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 22:34:19 +0200
From: Katja Malvoni <kmalvoni@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: Parallella: bcrypt

Hi Yaniv,

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 9:00 PM, Yaniv Sapir <yaniv@...pteva.com> wrote:

> Katja,
>
> What system are you working on? Can I try to play with your code on your
> machine (I have a login account, just let me know what machine it is and
> where to find this code).
>
> Thanks,
> Yaniv.

I'm working on 2nd board (Alexander's system). Code that results with
e_alloc(): mmap failure is currently not on the system but you can find it
here: https://github.com/kmalvoni/JohnTheRipper/tree/master
Code that returns this error "john: ee_write_esys(): /dev/mem file open
failure." is in my home directory:
/home/kmalvoni/JohnTheRipper/src/parallella_bf_std.c (crypt_all() function)
and parallella_e_bcrypt.c
Target is linux-arm32le-neon-parallella, self test:
sudo -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./john -test
-format=bcrypt-parallella
and test with password file (does self test too):
sudo -E LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH ./john -w:output BF_tst.in
-format=bcrypt-parallella
(files output and BF_tst.in are in /run directory)

Katja

Content of type "text/html" skipped