Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 16:28:14 +0100
From: Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas <lord.rafa@...il.com>
To: john-dev@...ts.openwall.com
Subject: Re: cryptocurrency mining fallback in JtR (was:
 Parallella: scrypt)

Hello,

After the discusion in the IRC, this will be my time line:
Today:
Move the needed code to my git repo.
Launch cgminer in a detached screen, when JtR is about to finish.
Use the cgminer API to show info then finish JtR. (this is only for testing
purposes)

At the end of this day I will have a JtR that launchs cgminer without take
care if was already working or not.

Tuesday:
If there an instance of cgminer, stop the GPUs that JtR is going to use,
when JtR finish continue with cgminer using those GPUs.
Donate option.
Start cgminer at the end of JtR option.

At the end of this day I will have a JtR that launchs cgminer taking care
if was already working or not.

Wednesday:
Check all is working.
Finish possible delayed tasks.

At the end of this day the implementation should be finished.

2013/7/8 Solar Designer <solar@...nwall.com>

> Hi Rafael,
>
> On Mon, Jul 08, 2013 at 12:41:06PM +0100, Rafael Waldo Delgado Doblas
> wrote:
> > From my last mail, I have implemented a prototype version of cgminer
> > integration with JtR. This prototype gets the user, pass and address from
> > the JtR config file. I was checking the best way to integrate cgminer
> with
> > JtR and I think the best is use the API provided by cgminer, in order to
> > avoid add a lot of dependencies to JtR. We can add an option to JtR
> config
> > file that sets the path that Cgminer is installed and run it if the
> option
> > --miner is set. Using the API we can show information and enable/disable
> > GPUs.
>
> You mention several different approaches in the same paragraph above,
> which makes me confused as to what you have implemented and what you
> recommend to implement.  Can you get on IRC right now and we'll discuss?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Alexander

Content of type "text/html" skipped